Hi, there! I’m Todd Wickersty, a father, husband, brother, entrepreneur, live music junkie, and baseball fanatic.
I’m a partner and co-founder of Storyware in Charlottesville, Virginia. We provide brand and digital strategy, UX design, and web development services to a variety of remarkable organizations. I’ve been my own boss since 2005. Before then, I …
- Led a team of PMs, designers, and QA analysts that built hundreds of eCommerce sites for the likes of The Grateful Dead, Dave Matthews Band, Madonna, Britney Spears, Wilco, The Rolling Stones, (you name it) at Musictoday in Charlottesville from 2001 - 2005.
- Managed a variety of ad reporting projects at AOL in Northern Virginia, shortly after the Time Warner merger. I survived a couple rounds of layoffs before I got the hell out of Dulles.
- Changed careers after MBA school to become a consultant at Accenture working for a couple large telecom clients during the dotcom boom.
- Coordinated the 1996 NCAA Division I Men’s Golf Championships for the host school, UT-Chattanooga, which happened to be the last collegiate event for Tiger Woods. You might have heard of him. He won it, of course.
- Managed all the special events during the football and basketball games for a year at the University of Tennesse at Chattanooga. The motorized blimp that was used to drop coupons on the crowd cost more than me.
- Researched video clips for use on ESPN television shows at PGA Tour Productions in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Scrubbed white walls and vacuumed interiors at a bikini car wash in Jacksonville Beach, Florida.
I’ve seen a lot of live music in my time and still do for a middle-aged Dad with 3 kids. If you want an idea of the type of music I like, enjoy the playlist below.
I enjoy the heck out of podcasts too. Here are the ones I currently listen to on a regular basis.
What do you recommend?
I renovated this site in late 2016/early 2017. It’s powered by Blot, which I highly recommend.
- Fonts: Hind and Inconsolata
- Logo: designed by Amanda Hughes, which is based off a photo I took at The Great Went in 1997.
- Photo: taken by Page Wood
- Text editor: Byword
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.